CPR Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Online CPR Course, Plus 1-Hour In-Person
Classroom Objectives For Pediatric and Adult CPR
- Effectively assess an emergency situation and perform a scene size-up.
- Demonstrate how to check both a conscious and unconscious patient.
- Demonstrate how to give high-quality chest compressions.
- Demonstrate how to give effective ventilations to a patient experiencing a cardiac arrest and/or respiratory arrest, including using a pocket mask and bag-valve-mask (BVM) resuscitator.
- Demonstrate how to effectively operate an AED.
- Demonstrate how to effectively care for an obstructed airway.
- Effectively assess, treat and manage a patient requiring basic life support resuscitation, incorporating local protocols as necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical-thinking (e.g., anticipate next steps and ramifications of actions) and problem-solving skills
CPR Class Requirements
- Complete the online portion prior to coming in live (approx. 2 hours)
- Come in for live hands on (approx. 1 hour)